Welcome to the seventeenth and final video in our WordPress how-to series. In this video, you’ll learn how to:
- Manage WordPress General Settings
- Update user registration settings
- Set your default timezone
- Customize the post editing window
- Post to your WordPress site via email
- Setup WordPress to work with the WordPress mobile app
- Manage RSS feed settings
- Configure Discussion settings including the use of avatars
- Update the Media library configuration including default image and video settings
- Manage the Permalink URL (friendly URL) structure of your site (be careful here!)
Whew! That’s the end of our series. At this point you should now understand the basics of WordPress and be ready to start publishing your own posts and pages. If you need a refresher, view all posts in the WordPress video training series here.
Need WordPress support? TrendMedia designs and develops custom WordPress based websites for leading companies and organizations in the Bay Area and around the world. Learn more about our web development services — contact TrendMedia today to discuss your custom WordPress website project.
Author | Brian McNitt
Brian’s career path zigzagged from pre-med at Purdue University to bike racing and a career in sales and marketing for Schwinn and other bicycle companies. That was until the inception of the World Wide Web, when he took his science and marketing background full force into web design. He was a founding member of Montclare Technologies—one of the first and hottest interactive agencies in the U.S. In 2000, he founded TrendMedia, a San Francisco-based web design and interactive agency. Brian is now one of the leading experts in web technology and social media, and is a recognized authority in web accessibility, WordPress and SEO.